Watch with whom you dance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ twa800 Message Board ]

Posted by Rod on September 07, 19100 at 20:43:38:

In Reply to: Where you painted the media as well-intentioned but scared off by "kooks". posted by - on September 07, 19100 at 10:35:13:

Believe you me, there are some strange ones out there. And we don't want them touching TWA 800 because it makes the rest of us look guilty of idiocy by association.

I even got one email from a crank, name witheld, that stated that 800, 111 and 990 were all related because they all came from New York's JFK airport, which is under Mafia control, and that it was the Mafia that destroyed all three planes.

LOL.

See what I mean?

We can't afford to let a good cause like TWA 800 be smeared with the grease of other cranks and potheads. Because there are a million of them in every society and they all want to give you their two cents.

Anyone who believes that 990 and 111 were also missiles, is not part of the logical majority that simply want the TWA 800 cover-up exposed because the evidence of a missile strike is overwhelming.

No such evidence exists for those other two flights. That is what we call a bandwagon.

That is why I caution everyone on this side of the fence to be very careful as to whom you listen, and from whom you quote. Know the source of your information. Is it factual information available from the public domain, or is it merely paranoia from some sort of political organization? Perhaps an organization that couldn't care less about 990 and 111 and what happened to those flights, but merely publishes such ideas for their own propaganda machine.

And there are right-wing, militia neanderthal boneheads, religious zealots who think that the US is under foreign control and that the Jews are behind this conspiracy, and it is high time to head for the mountains and take up arms as the Satan's minions are about to launch their attack as it is foretold in the Book of Revelations, blah, blah, blah.

We all know about those people.

I fear that some of those crazies have also latched on to TWA 800 but only because it serves their political purpose to accuse the government of misdeeds.

The rest of us, on the otherhand, accuse the government of this misdeed only because the evidence points to that conclusion, not because it suits our political bent.

Politics must have no place in this effort to expose the corruption of TWA 800. Our conviction stems merely from the simple reality that 747s do not blow themselves up, and two hundred people do not imagine a missile that was never there.

Those are the facts of this case. That alone is grounds for calls of cover-up.

But only that. There is not enough credibility left over from that accusation, to also include accusations that every other flight that goes down is also a cover-up. Once you take that liberty with the truth, you let the TWA 800 cover-up machine off the hook.

It's easy to scoff at Elmer Barr and the TWA 800 cover-up because it is so patently absurd. Their agenda so obvious.

But in the same vein, we must also scoff at these other idiots, because their beliefs are also so patently absurd. And their agenda also so obvious.

And if we don't scoff at them, the public will be scoffing at us, for not scoffing at them. And it is the public that we need to sway. We already believe that TWA 800 was shot down. It is convincing the public of that reality that hasn't been as easy as it should. And that is what we must continue to work on. So let's stay focused on that. And that only. The rest is politics.

Rod

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ twa800 Message Board ]