Re: When will an informant from the FBI, NTSB, or Navy step forward?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ twa800 Message Board ]

Posted by stan clark on September 12, 19100 at 15:34:33:

In Reply to: When will an informant from the FBI, NTSB, or Navy step forward? posted by qzksryy on September 10, 19100 at 09:16:34:

: What is really disturbing is that in the past 4 years,
: those who REALLY know what happened have still not gone PUBLIC. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that "foul play" was involved. I want to mention James Sanders book "The Downing of TWA Flight 800". In chapter 7, Sanders talks about priority message R015060 and a phone conversation between a Ms. Cosby at Oceana Naval Air Base and Mr. Dombrowski of the FAA. Has Donaldson ever interviewed either of these witnesses concerning naval activity in the area of flight 800? Probably not. There should be at least 1 person who has the "guts" to tell what really happened (even if they wish to remain anonymous).

From what I can dig up from the navy side of the house, the reason no one has effectively blown the whistle is because they wish to go on breathing. If the navy doneit, hundreds would know. To suggest they have less guts than us is foolish. They have much more. I am told it's ten years in Leavenworth if the info goes pubic and life plus forever for the one or ones who do. That's a strong incentive to shut up, isn't it? And no possible reward for doing so from the public.

If this case is to be successfully concluded, it will require overwhelming standalone evidence provided by whistleblowers. That will not be easy. Our energy should be directed on how to protect whistleblowers so they can come forward.

If the government wants somebody they can't get their hands on, they usually offer a $10M reward (Libyan suspects, Bin Laden). Perhaps a similar reward will make it worthwhile for a group of whistleblowers and their intermediaries to work together to solve TWA 800. Considering the risks involved to the whistleblowers, it may require more. Perot and the Mellon family are the only ones I know with that kind of loose change that may possibly help. But I doubt it.

Perhaps you can tell us how a whistleblower can even go public. I simply don't know. Probably several already have gone to the FBI, Media, and their chain of command and been silenced and the evidence lost. We have no way of finding out.

The only defense of government this totalitarian is to develop some system to protect informers of gross wrongdoing like on TWA 800. To my knowledge no one has lifted a finger in this direction. We simply bitch.

If you knew what happened, who would you go to putting your life in their hands? My answer is well known - no one. Bill, Jim and several others know that including the sailors who may know what happened if the navydoneit.

If we can come up with some method to protect whistleblowers and their families, the whistleblowers will come forward to protect us from gross government corruption, such as TWA 800.

It is easy to sit back and say Boy, if I knew what happened I'd go straight to Mike Wallace and 60 Minutes and become an American hero and solve this thing instantly. Sure, like Stacey and Sanders did! Ask Dick Russell or Salinger (who has lost $2M in speaking engagements so far) how much universal public adoration they're enjoying.

This is the only approach I know so I'll continue to go solo. Until some method is devised to protect whistleblowers, we're accelerating toward the fall of the American Empire - like Russia and every other empire did.

I hope this provides some insight on why you are disturbed, and why you should be and how you may be able to fight back without wiping yourself out as so many courageous whistleblowers have done.

For the record, I'm one of the first protected officially by the courts by the so-called Whistleblower Protection Act. Little did I know it really protects a corrupt government from the whistleblower. And I certainly never expected everyone to spit on me. Hell, all I did was refuse to lie to save an aircraft carrier or two. I never knew saving several thousand sailors from drowning was so insignificant. And they call me an Executive Whistleblower - for doing my job (and telling the truth for once. :-) ). Being protected by the Whistleblower Protection Act merely earmarks you to the entire government with the tag, destroythissonofabitch. :-) I'm sure none of you would ever have let that happen, or would not let that happen if a whistleblower came forward on TWA 800, would you? Do you see the problem now? You're very welcome.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ twa800 Message Board ]